Joinery Workshop Trainee
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Location: Cullybackey, Co. Antrim
Hours per week: 40 hours, half day Friday, some occasional overtime
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Travel: Some site work in South England
Job Reference: W113
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated person with a good work ethic to join a small friendly team where they will learn a wide range of skills from highly experienced craftsmen.
In this role, you will shadow the company director in all areas of the business from drawings to fabrication, painting and installation of windows, doors and cabinetry. No joinery experience is necessary as full training will be provided. The role would be ideal for someone leaving education who wants to learn a variety of skills and joinery techniques.
Training Provided In The Following :
- Produce technical drawings
- Work out cutting lists and timber board selection
- Set up and use wood working machinery
- Traditional joinery techniques
- Assemble all products such as sash windows, casement windows, doors and bespoke fitted cabinetry ready for paint
- Spray painting and finishing
- Installation of sash windows, casement windows and doors to period properties
- Installation of fitted cabinetry
- Able to work as part of a team, be punctual & reliable
- Highly motivated with a good work ethic with strong desire to learn and refine new skills
Team member benefits :
- Full Time Employment with early finish on Fridays
- Holiday Pay
- Staff Pension and employer contributions
- Opportunity to work overtime
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person with a good work ethic to join a small friendly team. Training will be provided to develop and complement existing skills.
If you would like more information or to discuss the role, please call Chris on 07738 199528.
Applications by CV to email@example.com
We reserve the right to apply enhanced short listing criteria.
Equality Statement: Whyte and Wood Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.